Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't carpe diem

I read this and have absolutely fallen in love with Glennon Melton's writing style and her realness. This article in particular really stood out to me. I feel the need to "seize the day" but also the need to take a break. I am not a super mom and nor do I really try to be. My idealistic side would really love to be the spotless house, perfect kids, pristine up kept mom with food on the table and clean laundry in the drawers. But that just isn't me. I have clean laundry in baskets and various other places, a full trash can that needs emptied, a full sink that needs emptied and messy, crazy, creative, awesome children. All in a days work that will probably take a couple of days to catch up and then the cycle will start all over.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html

No comments:

Post a Comment