Monday, January 9, 2012

My pancake recipe

Since I was intending to make pancakes for dinner and ran out of a key ingredient I figured I would type it out for anyone who might want it too. :0)

We absolutely love these pancakes and they are super filling and extra yummy!

* Prep/Total Time: 25 min. * Yield: 8 Servings

This recipe is quick and diabetic friendly too!

Ingredients

* 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
* 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup cornmeal
* 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
* 2 tablespoons organic sugar in the raw
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 tbsp honey
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 eggs
* 2-1/2 cups buttermilk
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
* Maple syrup or topping of your choice

Directions

* In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
* Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or topping of your choice.

Yield: 16 hotcakes.

If you prefer less cake-like pancakes use one egg rather than two. If you use syrup or sweet topping you can omit the honey and vanilla. My kids nor I eat anything on our pancakes (I use a little butter) so I make them a little sweeter. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment